2. Please, take into consideration there are separate threads for almost every song from the Pogues' catalogue (where lyrics, remixes, videos, etc. are discussed). Do not ask questions about London Girl in a thread for Streams Of Whiskey. In a week or two, nobody will be able to find the answer as nobody will look for it in a thread assigned to another song. Have respect for fellow Medusians, those who have to answer same questions again and again, and for janitors who have to sort all the mess out!
Is there a web site that discusses the meanings of the song lyrics?
Is there any new Pogues CD forthcoming?
Who was the female voice with Shane on Fairytale of New York/Haunted/etc?
- Cait O'Riordan performed I'm A Man You Don't Meet Every Day and Haunted (from the Sid & Nancy soundtrack). She was originally intended to be the female voice for Fairytale of New York.
- Sinead O'Connor performed Haunted with Shane MacGowan after he and The Pogues parted ways.
- Máire Brennan of Clannad performed You're The One with Shane.
- Therese MacGowan (Shane's mother) performed Fairytale of New York with Shane on his live album, "Across the Broad Atlantic."
Where can I find Pogues/Shane’s lyrics?
Where can I find Pogues/Shane’s tabs/chords?
Which songs inspired those by the Pogues/Shane?
Where does Fairytale of New York take its name from?
Are there multiple versions of A Rainy Night in Soho?
I don't like Blue Heaven. Is there a redeeming story behind it?
What does (random or Gaelic words) mean?
In the song Muirsheen Durkin, what is a pratie? A muirsheen durkin?
What’s Five Green Queens And Jean about?
A thread discussing this song is here.